Welcome to my blog, please take a seat, and enjoy !

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Student Contact....

As referring to my previous blog about parenting we see a problem that surely raises some eyebrows...


If a child is being neglected at home and is looking for comfort from a teacher is that okay...


School Policy at some schools states : Absolutely NO contact of any kind


Now I agree... to some extent..


Last week I was teaching grade 5 kids for my KPED class at the college.
The clock strikes 12 and hyper-active grade 5's come storming in the gym. I 
was approached by 3 young girls, whom all gave me a hug as they introduced 
themselves.


Now would this be acceptable? If the school's policy is so firm, how could I 
turn down three little children? 


My thoughts on this is simple.. Using your own discretion. 
I don't agree with school's having a policy of no contact. A lady I was 
talking to the other day mentioned that in her grade 4 class there was this 
little boy who got absolutely no attention at home, no hugs, no love. And everyday
he would come to class and give her the hugest bear hug. How could she refuse?
After being so neglected in his home life ,why wouldn't you want him to feel that
he is loved?


Real thought should be placed in this subject... It is a serious situation that needs to be addressed.





No comments:

Post a Comment