Welcome to my blog, please take a seat, and enjoy !

Monday, September 19, 2011

Longggggg Overdue!!

WoW!!! this so late on coming!

As I sat in class last week we discussed                                    ?
       Why
       We                  Want       ?
        To                   Be      ?            A                                                   Teacher
? 
      ?         ?       ?   ?      ?                 ?           ?         ?           ?        ?   
                                   ?                 ?         ?
I thought all day about it... pondered it...consumed it. and really gave it ALLOT of thought.
Why Do I....What is it that drives me to continue my program.. Why Why Why Why Why Why.....????
                                                 (Those were all the thoughts going through my head)
Well Firstly I absolutely LOVE kids.I love all ages from new born's to young adolescence's. Growing up I knew this was the perfect profession for me. I want to be able to make a change in someone's life, even if it is just just being that 6 hours of positive reinforcement that a child/student lacks in their home life. Coming from a family that has a teaching in it I was surrounded at a young age of what teaching deals with and the extra work that comes with it. I want to be able to have the chance to mould a students mind and be able to curve their cognitive behaviour. I love the idea of having my work environment involving positive attitudes and little smiles all around. I'm excited for setting up my classroom to have the students in a place where they want to be. I want to be a teacher for all the right reasons of making a connection in someone's life for the better. Also when the time comes in my life to have the chance to have my OWN children, this job is the very best for managing your motherly duties as well as fulfilling your position at the school ; And perhaps one day I will have the decision of placing my own kids in the school i teach in. In fact being a teacher is some what like being a mother to many different kinds of individuals. Like I mentioned in my last entry of qualities of an effective teacher I feel being a motherly motivation is a another trait one should have. I am so excited to start my career as a teacher that I really hope when the time comes I find a job either in Alberta or BC (where I grew up, and hopefully can live there). I feel the teachers that just love kids all in all are the most effective teachers. The ones who put there heart in teaching and not just those teachers who are only in it for the wrong reasons. Ones who are only in it for weekends off(although most weekends are bringing your work home with you and are consumed with marking and lesson planning for the following week) and summers off and winter holidays and abuse the privilege of having a substitute teacher come in when they want a long weekend for themselves. Now please don't get me wrong having the summers off and winter holidays are definitely a nice add in (especially when you have your own kids to care for) but getting into the field of teaching for primarily those reasons I feel are disappointing. 
So why you ask me do I want to be a teacher.... hmm well that's something that involves more than one answer. So in short, I answer with two words....                 Just because :)  






                                



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you know what you want and are
    r e a c h i n g
    to obtain this goal. You WILL have a positive influence on many "little lambs" I am sure.
    Sweet Dreams...mom

    ReplyDelete