Welcome to my blog, please take a seat, and enjoy !

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

School Fees

So as I am buying lunch today at the school I reach into my wallet and pull out my debit card and then,
I am prompted with the information that their is a .25 fee for using the schools debit machine. 
Wow really?            $                 $                               $
After raising prices already with parking which is already 285 for parking (in the back of the campus on gravel) and textbooks being 100-160 EACH they feel it necessary to charge us students .25 for a debit transaction.
Paying them to use a method of payment to buy something off them?  
does that make sense to you? No me neither..              $
Were students who don't have a lot of money.. obviously.                              $
Yesterday I was at the school from 11 till 8. 
I therefore needed to buy a lunch and dinner which was $9 for lunch and $8 for dinner.... $17.00 to eat here yesterday...
What a joke!                              $                                   $
how is that accommodating to student's needs?
It's not...       $                                               $                              $
You would think the school would want to entice students to eat at their venues with cheap prices.  
In fact, I am now going to be bringing a lunch and snacks. $                               $
So lost business right there... although lets be honest it won`t matter or make a difference everyone else will still use the debits and spend the ridiculous amounts of money... so Ive done nothing except waste my breath to argue about the subject..             $
My point is simply that perhaps all the money the school raises (last time i checked on the loop they were at..26,432 which is awesome!) but can`t their be a break to the students at all.. like lower parking rates or cheaper resources here...
On a more positive note though... haha it`s Wednesday morning.. no more classes for the day... just have to go teach PLAS and then helllllllloooooo long weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment